Thursday, January 29, 2015

Old Testament Law has NOT been Destroyed or Abolished

God's Law in my Heart
I am sick and tired of the foolishness of those who claim that we need not keep any of the Old Testament commandments. Exactly where is the end of that argument? May we now commit adultery? Commit murder? Worship idols or other gods? Covet? Bear false witness? Does God no longer abhor incest or homosexuality or bestiality or rape?

Jesus did not come to DESTROY the law; He came to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). Jesus said, "If you love me, keep my commandments," John 14:15. "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love," John 15:10.

"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES;" Ephesians 2:15 The only thing ABOLISHED are those laws contained in ORDINANCES - CEREMONIES (Hebrews 9:10). God abolished the ceremonies of the Old Testament, but He did NOT abolish the MORAL laws. Unless there is a SPECIFIC overturning of a law IN the New Testament (i.e., Paul specifically overturned the dietary laws in 1 Timothy 4:4, instructing that we could eat meats with thanksgiving; likewise circumcision was overturned in Romans 2; Sabbath was fulfilled in the Holy Ghost REST on Pentecost in Acts 2), then the Old Testament laws REMAIN IN FORCE.

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him," 1 John 2:3-4. There is much more that could be said, but that should be enough.

"I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people," Jeremiah 31:33.

If you insist, here is more on the subject: "Lawless Christians - The Hyper-Grace Mob"