Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Expensive Choices

I've made a lot of decisions in my life that cost me an enormous price.

But before you assume that I'm talking about the price I've paid for my mistakes, let me intercept that thought.

I won't deny that my mistakes have cost me. In fact, sometimes it seems that I have paid the full retail price and more for every mistake I've made.

But expensive choices do not only come in the form of mistakes.

RIGHT choices can also be very expensive.

Think about it. Adam and Eve lost Paradise for one bite of fruit. God put them out of the Garden. They made the WRONG choice, and it was an expensive choice.

But Abraham made a RIGHT choice that cost him dearly. When God told him to forsake Ur of the Chaldees, and then his family, too - Abraham paid a high price. It was a very expensive choice that Abraham made to do the will of God. But for his expensive choice, God made an everlasting covenant of blessing.

Jacob made an expensive choice when he decided to con Esau out of the family birthright. He spent decades in exile from his family for that expensive choice. Sometimes the price of getting what you want is losing all you've got.

Jesus Christ made an expensive choice in the Garden of Gethsemane that night. He would never have the life that most young men have. He would never marry. Never have children. Never raise a family. Never own a home. Never pursue a career.

At 33 years old, Jesus chose to die.

The catch-22 in this matter is that whether you choose right or wrong - you are going to pay a high price. No matter what your choices, you will pay a price. So many of life's choices are EXPENSIVE CHOICES.

My proposition here is that, when all things are considered, the choices we make for God are completely cost-efficient.

I've made a lot of choices that I know were right, but they cost me almost everything I had at the time.

More than once, I've walked away from family or friends to do the will of God. I didn't want to lose my family or my friends, but I had to do the will of God. It was an expensive choice, but in the end, it was cost-efficient. If I had chosen family and friends over the will of God, I would NEVER stop paying.

To anyone who says that doing the will of God is too hard, I say, "No. The way of transgressors is hard," (Proverbs 13:15).

In the end, doing the will of God doesn't cost at all. It pays. The price you pay to do the will of God is not an expense. It is an investment.

But on the other hand, the price you pay to do as you please is NOT an investment. It is a total loss. You never recover the losses you suffer from disobedience.

Expensive choices.

Anybody knows that it does not pay to invest in merchandise that has no quality. It is smarter to buy an expensive product that is well-made and durable, than to save money up front, and quickly lose it when the product fails.

So it is in the Kingdom of God. God will not be indebted to any man. The price you pay to do the will of God will be rewarded a million times over when you stand before Him and hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."

Go ahead. Make the expensive choice. Suffer whatever losses, and pay whatever price you have to pay.

This is the Pearl of great price we are talking about. It is the Treasure hid in a field, for which a man will sell all that he has.

Sell all you have. Buy the will of God. Make the expensive choice. Don't hesitate.

Remember, you will never inherit the Promised Land if you won't give up Egypt.

- - -


For thousands of pages of FREE Bible Studies on every subject, including PROPHECIES about the last days, visit kenraggio.com now!