Friday, August 7, 2015

What Is Important To Me?

What is important to me?

* Not money. I have very, very little of it.
* Not houses. I have never owned a piece of real estate in my life.
* Not sports. I have never been intrigued by anything pertaining to sports.
* Not entertainment. There is very little entertainment in the world that does not compromise the beliefs and convictions that the Bible compels me to have.
* Not social standing. I have found that by standing hard and firm on the teachings of the Bible, I have been relegated to one of the smallest social circles on earth.

What is important to me?

* Knowing my Creator. As hard as I have tried in the past, I just cannot buy the theory that I came from a Big Bang, or that I have evolved from absolute void over billions of years. I sincerely believe that there is a great Spirit that intelligently created everything in the universe, including me. I want to know who He is.

* Understanding the Bible. I believe that my Creator is the Author of the Bible. I believe that holy men of God wrote as they were moved on by the Holy Spirit, and that every chapter, every verse, and every line of the original text of the Bible is meant for me to know, understand and live by.

* Being truly spiritual. I have come to know and understand that being obsessed with material and temporal things is a fatal attraction. God dwells in the infinite and the eternal, and if I will truly know Him, I must turn my eyes upon Him, and turn my eyes away from the things of this world. The lusts of my flesh, the lusts of my eyes, and all my proud interests must be crucified if I will truly know the Lord of Glory.

* Spending eternity in the presence of God. When my body has returned to ashes and dust, my eternal spirit will either be in Heaven or Hell - according to the Word of God. Therefore, it is of the highest, most extreme priority to me that I find myself in the presence of God for all the ages, and NOT in the torments of Hell. Therefore, I will study to show myself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of Truth.

* Convincing every man of the same. If I didn't really believe what I say I believe, I would have no interest in convincing others of it. But I truly believe there is an eternal and glorious HEAVEN to be gained, and an eternal, tormentous HELL to be shunned, where there will be weeping, and wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Therefore, I intend to spend the rest of my days, striving for perfection by the word and will of God, AND doing the best that I can to show the ways of God to everyone else who will give me a hearing.

"It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus.
Our trials will seem so small, when we see Christ.
One glimpse of His dear face all sorrows will erase.
So bravely run this race, till we see Christ."


- - -

- - -

Please subscribe to this blog so you will be aware of future articles.
- - -

For thousands of pages of FREE Bible Studies on every subject, including PROPHECIES about the last days, visit kenraggio.com now!
- - -

FOR MORE, get and read THE DANIEL PROPHECIES - GOD'S PLAN FOR THE LAST DAYS - http://kenraggio.com/The-Daniel-Prophecies.html
- - -

Follow me on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, LINKEDIN, YOUTUBE and INSTAGRAM!
FACEBOOK - ken.raggio.9

TWITTER - kenraggiocom
 

LINKEDIN - kraggio

YOUTUBE - Ken Raggio

INSTAGRAM - kenraggio

Let's study the Bible together!!

Books, DVDs, and CDs from Ken Raggio

- - -